Laser cutting is the most cost-effective cutting technology that produces clean, smooth edges, extreme accuracy, and can be repeated. Designs are processed through sophisticated nesting software to ensure best usage of material and maximum control over the cutting process.
Basics of Laser Cutting
As the name implies, laser cutters use a high-powered laser to cut through various types of metal. The laser beam is a column of very high intensity light, of a single wavelength, or color. The beam is only about 3/4″ in diameter as it travels from the laser resonator through the machine’s path. The focused laser beam then travels through a nozzle before hitting the material. Along with the focused beam is compressed gas, such as Oxygen or Nitrogen.
Benefits of Laser Cutting
There are a number of benefits to laser cutting, including:
- Clean cut edges
- Cutting of extremely fine contours and radius-free inner edges
- No contamination of material
- High level of precision and positional accuracy
- Nesting software to ensure best usage of material and maximum control over the cutting process
- Ability to replicate exact cuts multiple times
- Capable of cutting small diameter holes with complex detail
If you’re looking for a good quality cut edge and the ability to precisely replicate that cut pattern, laser cutting is the route to go.
Trust the Experts
Here at Fusion Tech, we can provide you with high quality laser cutting services for steel and other hard metals. Our team will provide you with a competitive price and turn your project around as quickly as possible.