Purchasing a vacuum tumbler can be a daunting task.
Do a quick Google search for “vacuum tumbler” and you’ll find thousands of options to choose from — all claiming to be the best on the market.
So how do you know which vacuum tumbler is right for YOUR specific meat product?
We laid out a process below to help you choose.
Know What You Need
Before you start checking out vacuum tumblers online, make a list of what you need and any sizing or space limitations. This will help you weed out the options that don’t work for your production line and make the search a lot easier.
Size and Space
Start with size and space limitations:
- Floor Space. How much space do you have in your facility for the vacuum tumbler?
- Processing Capacity. How much meat do you need to marinate in each batch?
- Loading. How will you load the product into and out of the vacuum tumbler?
Features & Options
Once you have this information, consider some of the options or additional features you may want:
- Lid Support. Do you want the lid attached to prevent damage or injury?
- Cleaning Ports. Will you automate the cleaning process?
- Ingredient Addition. Do you want to add ingredients while the tumbler is rotating?
- Weighing System. Do you need to know the weight as you add product to the tumbler?
- Process. Will you need to mix and tumble in the same machine?
Henneken Brand Vacuum Tumblers
Now that you know what you need, it’s time to choose the vacuum tumbler size that’s right for you.
Here at Fusion Tech, we primarily carry two Henneken brand vacuum tumblers that you can test in our innovation center:
Type B Vacuum Tumbler
The Henneken Type B Vacuum Tumbler is the only one on the market to feature diagonal fins.
These fins move the product from the back of the tumbler to the front, as well as the falling motion in a standard tumbler, creating a three-dimensional effect for increased protein activation while not overworking the product — meaning you get a more consistent, intense marination over every piece of product.
The tumbler can be loaded quickly and easily, as well as emptied completely due to the design of the fins.
Customers who have purchased a Type B vacuum tumbler have seen a marked increase in marination yields and consistency over their previous tumbler, which ultimately made them more money.
A few other features included in a Type B Vacuum Tumbler:
- Sturdy construction with precision drum
- Direct drive for the drum
- Frequency controlled rotational speed ranging from 0.5 to 10 RPM
- Diagonal fins for controlled, turning, sliding and gliding movements
- Touch screen controls are user friendly and programmable
- Suction device for ingredient additions during the cycle
- Easy to maintain and easy to clean design
To read more about the key features, click here.
You can customize the Type B Vacuum Tumbler to fit your specific needs. Some of the available options include a lid support arm, additional cleaning ports, intermittent brine closing during the cycle, a weighing system, a control panel connection to a PC, and a cooling system.
Visit our YouTube channel here to see this vacuum tumbler in action..
Type CVM Vacuum Tumbler
The Henneken Type CVM Vacuum Tumbler is perfect for small to medium-sized processors looking to tumble and mix in one machine.
How this is done is simple. The Type CVM Vacuum Tumbler features interchangeable rotating mixing arms.
In a matter of minutes, you can remove the tumbling paddles and replace them with mixing paddles, allowing you to use the same machine for two different processes.
Some of the key features of the type CVM Vacuum Tumbler include:
- Clear vacuum tubing
- Control wires outside of the jacket
- Frequency controlled rotational speed
- Touch screen controls
- Suction Device
You can see more of the included features here.
This piece of equipment is also customizable to meet your specific needs. You can add a tumbling arm, mixing arm/rake, control panel connection to PC, a double jacketed cooling system, and more.
You can see this vacuum tumbler in action by visiting our YouTube channel here.
Is the Type B Vacuum Tumbler or the CVM Vacuum Tumbler right for you?
Henneken brand vacuum tumblers are the best on the market when it comes to maintenance, cleanability, and durability.
If you would like to try one of these tumblers but you’re not sure if you want to purchase it yet, we give you the option to test the product before purchasing it. You can schedule a test by visiting our Innovation Center.
If you have any questions about trying out or purchasing a tumbler or if you want to request a quote, contact the experts at Fusion Tech today. We are happy to assist you in any way we can and look forward to working with you!